Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year!

Where has the time gone? We are back and things are finally getting to "normal" again. We spent a fabulous week in Ruidoso with Matthew's family. I had a birthday and Matthew and I got to spend a night at a "charming" cabin. Thanks to the crew who watched our girls while we were away. It was nice to see you all survived. Ken got to experience his first Ensor family Christmas. I think he had a good time. He was sick for a lot of it, but I did see normal Ken emerge a couple of times. Vail got to experience skiing (sort of). Matthew decided he wanted to take her up the mountain to learn how to ski. I agreed because I want her to try things I never got to try until I was older. She was very excited to get to do it...until we were in the ski shop. She cried the entire time we were in there and wanted to go home. A couple of chicken strips later and a cherry limeaide and she was back on track again and looking forward to getting in the snow. There was really only snow on the mountain. We got to the top and as soon as we were out of the car it started sleeting and the wind was blowing like crazy. Seriously people it was like dippin dots were being pelted at our faces. We wrapped a bandana around Vail's face and put some goggles on her. She responds with "that's better"! She had a blast. We didn't even buy lift tickets because it was so bad but we let her ski around with her Daddy on the bunny slope. We stayed about an hour. Matthew asked her if she wanted to go back the next day and she said "no I already tried that". Matthew's extended family came down on the 26th and it was great to get to see everyone. I just love sitting and visiting. We played a few games of UNO Ensor style adn a game Kristi and Ken brought called Time's Up. When it was time to go home I asked Vail is she wanted to go home and she said no she wanted to stay. I thought about letting her stay but we might not see Matthew's parents until June and I figured that might be a bit long for her to be away from us :) I bet Jan would have loved it though. I hope everyone is having a Happy New Year. Our next adventure is Micah and Nat coming to visit in about three weeks. :) Can't wait. Maybe then Katy will stop asking me where Nat is.....

"ice skating"


Measuring presents with Papa.






Matching aprons from Aunt Nat.


Trying out the aprons.


Santa's spread.


"Helping" Jammie in the kitchen.


Skiing in a blizzard of bb's.






On our way home from skiing...


When she fell asleep...yes I pulled her up after I took the picture.


Katy's crazy after nap hair.


Hiding in Jammie's pantry.


The 26th we had a really good snow (Micah went outside and did his happy snow dance) This is the mountain the next day. Beautiful!

4 comments:

TexasNeals said...

sounds like you had a very merry christmas. :)
i laughed out loud at the dippin dots comment. that was hilarious! i've skied while being pelted by dippin dots! it isn't fun...she was a very good sport! ;)
glad you posted. i'm ready for a baby update. only 12 more days till i find out if i'm getting a new niece or nephew!!!!!!!!! can't wait! :)

Donna said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday!! Vail was very brave to tackle all the dots!!! The Peace family enjoyed their snowing trip. Krista and Austin both were skiing like crazy. Lisa hurt her knee early in the trip so she didn't get alot of time on the slopes. We enjoyed Denison with both families and Gmother. Good weather,good food, and lots of excitement daily.
Happy New Year!!!

Aunt Donna

Anonymous said...

So glad you had such a nice holiday and trip. We thought of you as we drove through New Mexico. Too bad we were so far north or we may have stopped to say hello. Loved all the photos!

Jami said...

Her hair is growing! But I agree....not quite as long as Rylee's! Rylee's is getting on my nerves because it's getting in her eyes.