Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Poops Mommy...

This morning I go to get Katy out of bed and this is what I walked in on...pajamas off, diaper off, and stepped in poop all over the bed. She looks at me and says "Poops Mommy". I respond with yes I can see that. Lets go have a bath :)


This past weekend Matthew suggested we go for a hike since the weather was going to be gorgeous (and it was). I bravely took on that challenge. Natalie laughed at me and told me to call her when I was huffing and puffing (I did not..call her that is). It was a 3 1/2 mile loop. We made about half way. We had invited some friends of ours who have 4 kids so it was a bit slow moving (especially when Katy decided she needed to walk. Thankfully the Bradshaws had 2 backpacks that they let us borrow one of and Katy got to ride around for most of the hike. When she wasn't walking she had to look at every little thing on the ground, pick up acorns and leaves and she wouldn't hold hands because she is in the "all by self" mode. Vail did fantastic and walked the entire way. Then while the women and the kids waited for the guys to hike back to the cars and come pick them up Vail ran around like there was no tomorrow. She goes hard people and she crashed hard in the car. She slept the hour drive back home and Katy slept about 40 minutes. Katy doesn't sleep in the car so she must have been tired from all that moseying









Saturday night, even though we were all exhausted, we went to a little boy's birthday party. It was at this place called The Monkey's treehouse. It is a really neat indoor playground with lots of other play areas in it besides slides and such. We had been there about 5 minutes when Vail informed me she needed to go to the bathroom (we didn't make it). I really think she had waited too long to go and just couldn't wait any longer. I had nothing to change her into because it has been so long since she had an accident that I stopped carrying extras around. Matthew dug around in the car and found some of Katy's pants and she wore those. They looked like capris. The night goes on. We had decided to leave at 7:30. I went to the bathroom come out of the stall there is Vail. "Do you need to go potty" "No". "Did you pee pee in your pants again?" "yes"....I AM DONE...TIME TO GO HOME....Thankfully another mom (I knew her) that was there had an extra pair of pants that we borrowed. We made it home put girls to bed and Matthew and I basically passed out. All in all it was a fun night (minus the the two pairs of wet pants.) By the way we left before cupcakes. I didn't need the extra sugar 30 minutes before bedtime.


Vail kind of looks like a castaway fishing with Katy's pants on.


Katy trying to fish Vail out of the pond.




4 comments:

TexasNeals said...

ewwww, yeah, when jack started taking off his diaper we bought the potty seat. yuck. sorry about that! :)
love, love, love vail's hair in pig tails! she is looking so big! i love her long hair. can't WAIT to see them!!!!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how LONG Vail's hair is and how cute in those piggies. She sure is growing fast. Even Katy is getting big way too fast. Wow.

Seems to me that Jessica had one of those poop in the bed incidents like Katy, so much fun to clean up. So far that hasn't happened here to me.

You are looking good, Jen, hope your feeling fine with this baby.

Love to all,
Aunt Cheri

Kristi and Ken said...

How come you didn't post a picture from the first story? :)

shannon said...

You make me want to be a better mommy.