Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter fun

Saturday night we dyed eggs. The girls had so much fun. Of course tonight when we made egg salad Vail was not too happy. She was telling Matthew not to take the color off. Then when she got to help him chop up the eggs she got over it. :) When we pulled the first egg out of the cup for Vail to see it had changed color she put her hands over her mouth and gasped. She was so surprised.






Of course the Easter bunny came to visit and brought lots of loot. I didn't get a good picture of Vail because Matthew and I woke up to her screaming that the Easter bunny had come and I was to sleepy to get up and get the camera until she was already in her basket. I think the Easter bunny did pretty good this year.




Here is the pic I tried to take before we left for church. Katy was crying because she wanted her blanket. After church we met Michael and Brian for lunch. Nothing says Happy Easter like chinese food right? After their naps Matthew hid the girls eggs and they went on a hunt. They had so much fun Matthew hid them all again and we had another hunt. Yes the girls slept in their dresses. They didn't want to take them off. Pretty much all of Katy's eggs were smashed and Vail stepped on one during the hunt and it had to be thrown away. They had a blast.








PS.
After church when we picked Vail up from class this is what her socks looked like. She wore them like this the entire day, pulled all the way up to her knees.

4 comments:

Kristi and Ken said...

that looks like they had a wonderful Easter! Very cute Easter dresses! I love the picture of Katy holding the egg up to the camera!

Jammie said...

Thanks for the pictures. It seems that the girls had a great Easter. The dresses are so cute.

TexasNeals said...

oh, jen, those dresses turned out SO beautiful!!! i just love them! i'm gonna have to beg your mom to make me some! ;)
glad you had a nice easter!
see y'all on friday! YAY!!!!!

Amanda's News said...

The girls looks so pretty in their Easter dresses! Katy's hair is getting so long too!