Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Vail turns 5

This year for her birthday party Vail wanted Strawberry Shortcake. I decided to go with the old school one because...well...I like her better. Vail had no opinion one way or the other. Mom helped me make the invites and the favor bag tags on her computer. All the cups, napkins, and straws I got at Michael's craft store on the dollar aisle. I also got the goodie bags in packs of 3 for 49 cents. They had strawberry scented bubbles (in a strawberry shaped container) and strawberry candies. I got them all at the dollar tree. I went light on the strawberry shortcake theme and heavy on the strawberry theme. The cake is strawberry shortcake with pink whipped cream on it. I wish I had caught Vail's reaction to the cake because it was awesome. I did figure out that kids don't really like strawberry shortcake but the adults did. It was a very simple party. Vail invited a few of her buddies and they all just played, had cake, and played some more. Not much to it but Vail loved it and that is what mattered. We had her party a week early because we were going to be out of town on her birthday so she has been 5 for an extra week. :) I have to admit I was a bit sad that there was no fish cake or fish at all at this party. Maybe next year.




She is so cute don't you just want to squeeze her.;)






PS. Grams made her dress for her and she loved it.



7 comments:

Peace family said...

Happy Birthday, Vail!!! That cake looks awesome! Looks like she had a great party.

Unknown said...

why am I bawling over here, why!!???

Unknown said...

oh and everything turned out amazing! The cake is superb!

Kristi and Ken said...

What a great party! Jenn- you did a an awesome job! Admittedly, I teared up just looking at it- she is so big and I wish I could have been there! Loved her little dress Grams made- it was perfect!

Anonymous said...

Love the dress, love the birthday girl, love the whole party! Looks like it was lots of fun. Wish we could have been there.

shannon said...

Beautiful cake. Great job!

TexasNeals said...

so cute! great job. that cake looks delish!!!! :)