4 eggs
1/4 cup of milk or heavy cream
butter
3 tsp sugar
1-2 tsp cinnamon
powdered sugar
syrup
Slice the bread into slices about 1 inch thick. Mix egg, butter, sugar and cinnamon together in a baking dish (not a bowl). Coat the bread on both sides with the mixture. Heat skillet. When skillet is ready add some butter and place the slices of bread in the skillet. Flip when side is browned. Top with powdered sugar and syrup.


This weeks dish was French Toast. Let me just say it was DELICIOUS! It was extremely easy to make and a big hit with the kids. (especially the powdered sugar.) I served it with fruit and bacon. Seeing as how I am NOT a morning person I made this for dinner and had leftovers for breakfast the next morning. Pretty smart on my part I'd say. My only advice for this recipe is to double for a whole loaf of french bread and add a little more cinnamon. Apparently Nat has been making this recipe since she was born and doesn't have specific measurements so she was giving her best guess. Definitely make this one THIS week!





No comments:
Post a Comment