Monday, July 09, 2012

Swim Lessons

Today was the first day of swim lessons.  We signed up for lessons at this week long, one hour a day swim camp.  We have only heard wonderful things about it and were all really excited for the girls to start.  At this camp the parents are not allowed to go back to the pool with the kids.  The teachers basically take the kids from the parking lot.  I was totally fine with this because I think they would do better with me not being there.  I have been talking up swim lessons for weeks. I wanted the girls to be really excited for them.  I think this worked. Although they both were a little nervous this morning. 
Parents had the option of staying or leaving.  Now the pool is outside but you can't see it from the parking lot.  I had been advised by a wonderful friend to leave because you can hear what goes on in the pool (if your kid is screaming or not).  I chose to leave.  While I trusted the people to keep my children safe I did not trust that I wouldn't go back there and get them if I heard them screaming.  Micah and I went to Hobby Lobby.  As we were leaving Micah says "Don't leave my girls they will cry" It was so sweet.
When the lessons were over they came out all smiles which was one of my goals. Reports from the girls:  Vail jumped off the diving board and swam to her teacher.  She went under water to get coins that Katy threw into the little pool for her to get.  Katy kicked her feet and the teacher let go of her hands.  She also went under water and grabbed on to the ladder.  She told me the teacher threw her in the pool but later revised her story to just say he put her in the pool.  That was all I was able to get out of them.  Hoping tomorrow won't be as bad as they say the second day is.  
Waiting to go back to the pool.
First day done and so proud.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I wonder if I could find swim lessons for a certain little person who lives here. She has a massive fear that would be great to squash.