Friday, August 10, 2012

First Grade

It is that time of year again.  So far this year has gone much smoother than last year.  Vail was up and dressed before 7 this morning.  She was very excited.  When I made a comment about her getting dressed fast she replied with "that was my plan".  We headed out the door with our bags of school supplies and drove to school.  I asked her if it would be ok if I walked her to class today and she said yes.  Even though we had already been to the school once to meet her teacher today the hall seemed much longer than it did last time and her class is at the very end.  When we got there everyone was already at their desks working on some sort of worksheet. Vail's teacher hugged her and then showed her to her desk.  She looked so cute. She hung her back pack on her chair and sat right down.  This is the point where her teacher began to tell me I had purchased the wrong type of folders. Which she also told me I probably wouldn't be able to find. I could do an entire post on my school supply woes.  I used to love school supply shopping.  Not so much anymore.  Anyway...I snapped a quick picture of Vail at her desk and was out the door.  I am proud to say I didn't shed a tear (yet).  I felt very rushed to go in and out which I am sure will be the norm for any grade except kindergarten. I hope that Vail is ok and not nervous or scared.  Yes I know she was excited. Yes I know she went there last year. She still gets a little nervous at new things and I don't want her to be scared. Praying for peace. She has been so excited for first grade. All summer long "Mom can't you believe I am going to be in first grade." I am glad it is here.   She kept telling Katy that there are no toys in first grade only work.  We will see how she feels at the end of next week. Katy starts school on Friday. That will be a totally different story than today.  Hopefully she won't tell her teacher that she is a bus rider and them have to call me and freak me out like last year.  Hopefully I won't leave her crying in the room when I leave.  She has the same teacher that Vail did last year and her little neighbor friend is in her class too.  Signing off for now.  Hoping everyone has had great first days!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you didn't cry this time. Though, I totally wouldn't blame you if you did. =) I may just have to embarrass my kids by crying every single year right through college.
Vail looked super ready and excited in her pictures. I hope she has a great first day! I'm also excited to hear how Katy likes Kindergarten.