Thursday, October 11, 2007

Ruidoso

Well we made it to Matthew's parent's house. I am pretty proud of myself for flying alone with the girls. I was pretty nervous about going through security, mainly because you have to unload everything put it through the scanner and then reload it all while trying to keep a 2 year old under control and hold onto a 7 month old. Then when I am finally putting Vail's shoes on I hear the final boarding call for our flight. I pretty much dragged Vail all the way through the airport. Some poor lady felt sorry for me and asked if I needed help. I politely told her no then continued to drag my daughter to our gate. When we got there there were still a lot of people waiting to board so I needlessly dragged Vail. Her left arm was slightly longer than the right for a while but now it is back to normal. :) The rest of the flight was smooth. The girls did really well and both fell asleep right when we were landing in El Paso. Nice, I know. Everyone was excited to see us when they realized we were coming down the escalator and not the elevator. Now we are here and the weather is awesome. My friend Kellie is here with me. She flew into El Paso with her son and me us there. Friends like her are hard to find. It is so great to see her. I haven't seen her in a year and have really missed her. I think since neither one of our husbands are here tomorrow we are going to let Jammie and Papa watch the kids and go on a "date". So far there has only been one minor injury. Katy was sitting up and fell forward directly onto a Lego. She has two nice round dots on her forhead. We won't say who was watching her at the time :) Not me! Maybe some more updates and pics later.

3 comments:

TexasNeals said...

glad ya'll made it there safely and that vail's arms are the same length again. i might have had to disown her! :)
hope you have a blast! :)

stace

Amy S. said...

Flying with kids...what a blast!! Especially getting through security. Love reading about your family. Your girls are so cute!!

Ensor said...

miss you...lub lub