Monday, April 28, 2008

Two week update

I went to my mom's house about a week ago and we had a very relaxing time. Not a whole lot went on while I was there. My girls got some good Grams lovin and went spent some time with Grandmother. While I was there I felt like a celebrity because my hair is red and no one there has ever seen it any other color except blonde. There were wide ranges of comments from "Some people will do anything to cover up gray" to " I thought you were Stacey when I saw you" (yeah right :)) It was fun to do something different. Although if I heard Grandmother tell one more person "You know she really is a blonde" I think I would have had a t-shirt made.
After we left mom's house Matthew met us in Memphis and surprised me with some friends of ours (from AR) who met us there too. We had a great time catching up and getting to meet their son Bennett. He is so cute. We took the kids to the Memphis zoo and they had a great time then we headed back home on Sunday to the start of another week. My mom loves us so much that she decided on Friday she was going to pack it up and come see us again. (either that or she wanted to see Michael and Avery). On Saturday we spent some time with Avery and then they headed to the airport to pick up Michael from his 10 day trip to see Brian in China. He had a great time but looked a bit tired when I saw him Sunday afternoon.

The girls are doing great. Katy still isn't walking yet. I am not worried about it. She will do it in her own time. She does show interest. I give it about another month. She is the funniest little thing. She loves to imitate whatever Vail is doing. You know spitting, blowing bubbles in the water (she hasn't quite figured out how to keep her face out of the water while blowing), and wrestling with her daddy. When Matthew gets home she gets so excited and reaches her little arms out for him to hold her. He loves it...he just beams ;) Vail is still loving gymnastics (haven't quite figured out what we are going to do when it is over). She loves to go on walks. Matthew helped her find some snails the other day and that is what she talks about when we go outside now. Matthew took Vail to the discovery museum on Saturday. She had a lot of fun. He says a lot of it was too old for her but there were some things she really enjoyed like "pumping blood through a heart" (turn a crank and make water go around and around). Vail loves almost everything with the exception of most bugs. She is such a joy to be around. LOVE THEM!!

PICTURES TO COME SOON!! NEED TO MOVE SOME THINGS AROUND ON THE COMPUTER TO MAKE ROOM TO UPLOAD!

Photobucket

No comments: