Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A few things....

This morning Vail gets up and comes and gets in bed with us and says "Mommy I saw a dragon." "You did? Where?" (hopefully not in this room) she says "In my room" (sigh of relief) she says..."I talked to him" "What did he say" "He said he is going home." I reply with "Thank goodness for that". She has also talked and touched a hippo in her room. :)

Ok so here is a little side note. In case anyone out there cares...I have decided that as much as my Mom loves to sew I dislike sewing. I like the idea of making someone something. I like using my hands to put together something I have thought of. I really like cross stitching but using a machine I do not like. (for the record I also know my Mom doesn't like her machine on many occasions also.) I am making a blanket for a friend that is having a baby and I need to be done with it by tomorrow. I did all of the cutting out before now I just need to put it together. I start the pinning and everything is fine when I get done it is uneven. Start over. I finally get the pinning done and now I am ready for the machine. Now mind you I am only sewing a straight line. Not too hard right. WRONG!! I start sewing (very slowly) and I am pulling out the pins as I go. Then it is like I am not in control of my foot and don't know how to stop pushing so I can get the pin out. It is like my brain can't think...make sure it is going straight, pull out pin, and push foot down at the same time. Most of my lines usually aren't straight. Once I get the entire blanket together you can't really tell but I will always know. I will finish this blanket tonight and I know I will make more. I enjoy the giving part too much :)

1 comment:

Jammie said...

You are precious!