The crazy thing is I didn't even ask for one. Some how in that grandmotherly way she just knew that I wanted/needed one. The first thing I made, at Matthew's request, was salsa. I promptly called up Natalie and asked her if she had a good recipe and she gave me 2. I get the ingredients and I'm all set to go. I set up the food processor, put all my stuff in, secure the top on, and turn it on. Nothing happens. You have got to be kidding me. This is a VIKING food processor these things have to work. I break out the manual because I must not be doing something right. Read directions. Nope I appear to be doing everything right. Call Nat to see if she can help me (all the way in California). Seems like I am doing everything right. Keep trying. Surely Grandmother didn't get a bum processor. I break down and call the Viking store here to see if they have any words of wisdom. I know as soon as I talk to the lady that it is going to be some stupid mistake on my part. Sure enough I forgot to put in the pin that holds the blade in place. (In my defense the manual said nothing about the pin). Ok put the pin in place, put back on blade, and turn it on. This thing is amazing!! So quiet! Which is a must a nap time. Fresh salsa in seconds.
Since then I have made 2 more batches. So good. Now I just need something else I can make using this restaurant grade food processor.:) Thanks Grandmother!(and Nat for the recipes)
On another food subject. Micah has been eating solids for a little over a month now. He wasn't really keen on them at first. He only wanted to eat what was on my plate not the mushy stuff I was trying to feed him. He since then has decided he loves anything and everything. I have not found anything he doesn't want....yet. He thinks he is so big. If only I can keep him from screaming in between bites.





5 comments:
Precious little boy!
NICE!!! I have been wanting a food processor- and that one sounds amazing! Hopefully you can find lots or yummy recipes!
Can't wait to see all of you and finally meet Matthew, Katy and Micah. Last time we saw you I was terribly sick and didn't really get around to chatting with anyone and you were pregnant with Katy. See you all soon.
Love to all,
Aunt Cheri
He is so cute.I get to squish him in 2 weeks! Ok I was cracking up reading the food processor story because I was in the midst of all of it. You can make your own hummus with the food processor...mmmm!
Dude... use that processor for baby food! I use mine for that, just blending up what we're eating, it's fabulous!
Post a Comment