Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School



It has arrived. We are surviving. There aren't too many pictures because I will admit I was a little emotional and getting photos wasn't the first thing on my mind. It has however been documented. To say Vail was excited is an understatement. This girl was busting at the seams. She picked out her outfit. She helped me make her lunch and pack her back pack. She was so ready to go that she had to sit and wait on the rest of us for a good 10 minutes.

Her teacher decorated the classroom with a Candy land theme. It was really cute. She had pictures of all the characters around the room and there were rainbow squares everywhere. Vail was in love. She walked in put her stuff in her cubby and sat right down at her table and started tracing her name like she had been doing this for months. I finally looked at Matthew and said "I guess we can go". Saying good-bye was probably the hardest. (she was fine. I was not). I think I would have held up better if other mommas weren't crying too.

Now we are just waiting to see how she enjoyed it.





Does anyone else feel like this is a dream?







3 comments:

TexasNeals said...

thank you! love, LOVE that smile on her face in the first picture. i could feel her excitement coming through the computer screen!!!!! love her! hope she had a super day :) and way to go mom! i know you did better than i would have for sure! ;)

Unknown said...

Yes,yes I do.Hasn't quite sunken yet...

Cheri said...

You might have not been ready, Jen, but Vail sure was. We'll need to check back in...oh say... 10 more years and see if she is just as excited about going to school. LOL

She sure looked cute. Hope you did OK.