Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The weary traveler returns






Matthew is back from his trip to Africa. He returned on Monday and we all were excited. Vail literally ran circles around him. Katy just smiled and touched his face alot. Today everything has pretty much gotten back to normal. He had an awesome time there and celebrated his 30th on an African beach with some of his best buddies. He was very tan we he got home. He got to help Kyle with some farming and learned quite a bit. It seemed like he was gone a lot longer than 10 days. Thank goodness for my mom because I think I might have gone crazy if I had to be home by myself all that time. I made the 6 hour trip back to Nashville by myself and it was very uneventful.. thank goodness. I unpacked the entire car and in the process lost the base for our baby monitor. I remember bringing it in the house but have yet to find it. Let's just say I went a bit crazy looking for it. I have since given it over to God and haven't looked for it again. Not much else is going on. Our next big trip is at the end of February to go to New Mexico to see Matthew's family. Can't wait. Side note...Katy has mastered the sitting from lying down and so we had to lower her crib mattress because she has been pulling up for a while and now this. It was the logical next step.

Vail story:

During the whole crazy find the monitor phase, I was feeding Katy oatmeal and had a thought that maybe I had set the monitor on some chairs in our garage. She was strapped in her seat so I left her and went to the garage. I expected to hear major screaming because if you know Katy when she thinks she is not getting anymore food then she cries. :) Well when I walked back into the house it was scary quiet. I walked in the kitchen and Vail was sitting in my chair shoveling spoonfuls of oatmeal into Katy's mouth. Surprisingly most of it was getting in there. Vail was very proud of herself and Katy was happy.

7 comments:

Jammie said...

I can just see Vail feeding Katy. What a great little helper and great big sister. We are glad that our thirty year old son is home and we can't wait to see you in February,

vgneal said...

I'm glad you had a great trip Matty - not that I doubted you would! I enjoyed having the girls here for the extra time. you have a great family and in case you didn't know -- they all missed you while you were gone :)
Love to all

Jace Ensor said...

Oh the stories! When Matthew woke up in his baby bed we would tiptoe around the house until his oatmeal was ready and in a bottle-like oatmeal feeder. He DEMANDED 1.5 bottles and it was NOT ACCEPTABLE to REFILL ONE, To avoid the blood curdling ____ we had to have TWO READY TO GO before getting him out of his bed.

AFRo said...

Oh my goodness!!! I guess I didn't realize you were in Nashville, I'm going to have to touch base with you the next time I'm up that way. The baby brother is living in Spring Hill, just south of you.

Love this story. Two baby girls now? I'm a little jealous. But, not really. (wink) I just want one to even out things around my house.

I'm so glad to hear from you!

Holly said...

What a great trip! Jen, I have changed up my blog and I would love for you/and family to be readers. Would you mind sending me everyone's email (A. Vail, Stacey's, and yours, and if Michael has one too) Thanks. I love keeping up with your family. Such precious girls! Love to your family!
Holly
holly.neely@sbcglobal.net

Holly said...

Brain's too. How could I forget good old Brian. Thanks.

Holly

Anonymous said...

better let everyone know if God answered your prayers about the monitor