Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Picture overload or Disney trip 2010

We decided to take a family vacation to Disney world this summer and invited Jace and Jan to come along with us. We had a lot of fun, it rained on us a little every day. We only got soaked twice. Micah loved it. It was hot but the crowds weren't bad at all. One day we forgot to put the camera battery (that was charging in the hotel room) back in the camera so we don't have many pictures from that day but Matthew had his new video flip camera so we do have lots of video.

Things I learned from this trip. Katy doesn't like to walk anywhere in the hot. Vail is extremely afraid of fire. We did the back lot tour at MGM and during a fire demonstration she FREAKED out. Matthew caught it all on video. Katy isn't afraid of any of the rides. Vail was a bit more apprehensive. Micah apparently only needs one 30 minute nap a day and then can stay up until 10 at night and be fine. I have fabulous in-laws who I love very much ( I really already knew that). I still love to ride roller coasters. I do not like to be soaking wet with three soaking wet kiddos and stuck at Disney because it is too stormy to walk to the buses. Disney world is not the most magical place on earth when this happens. People who bought those water bottle spray fans are not as dumb as I used to think. They are actually really smart. I love my husband and how much fun he has watching his kids have fun. He really is a kid at heart.

Heading out to the airport. Just a little early for everyone.
Love those sleepy eyes. :)
Flying on the plane. It was only an hour and a half flight. They had no idea where we were going. They thought we were going to papa and Jammie's house. When they finally figured it out (on the magic express) They were very excited.





And so it begins.
Main street.
First ride. Teacups...we rode it two times in a row.


Winnie the Pooh ride.

We ate dinner at the great restaurant called Ohana. It is at the Polynesian hotel. The food was wonderful and plentiful. They played games with the kiddos. One was broom ball. Katy was not a fan.





Disney stroller.

Minnie's house.

Katy's first experience on a rollercoaster. She had so much fun and loved every bit of it. I quote her "Mommy that was so cool"



About to ride the Dumbo ride. We didn't get to actually ride it this night because they shut it down right after we sat down due to the weather.
It poured down rain on us our first night there. I was not a happy camper. We were all soaked.
Tired after a long day.







Need I say more.
Jace loved the GI Joe guys.
The new Toy story ride at MGM.
The animation tour.

Vail was animating something. Flounder I think.
When we came back to the hotel in the evening the housekeepers had fixed Vail's bunny and Katy's baby Ariel to look like they had been watching cartoons while we were gone. The girls thought it was so funny.

We went on an animation tour and they had an animator walk you through drawing Mickey Mouse. We each walked away with our own picture. Matthew had a great idea to frame them all and hang them in our living room. They look great :)

Riding the bus to Animal Kingdom.


Must have fruit popsicle. It was pretty hot and they were melting fast. We kept telling Katy she needed to bite hers but she wouldn't and alas it ended up on the ground. It was pitiful.


Ready to watch the lion king show.

2 comments:

NBHolloman said...

Thanks for the memories. Loved the show.

TexasNeals said...

looks fun!!!!! and hot....and exhausting! i think i'll plan our trip for late fall....some day. glad you had such a great time. i love those sweet little sweaty heads! ;)